Sephora has announced it has reopened its Australian stores, however it's not business as usual.
While the doors may be open, there are some new initiatives the beauty giant is putting in place to ensure its customers feel safe and protected while shopping.
In a post via Instagram, Sephora has confirmed it will be actioning:
- Temperature checks upon entry to store, for staff and clients.
- A no-touch policy and no self-serve testers.
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres.
- Registers will be cashless.
- Trading hours have changed.
"While we can't wait to welcome you back in-store, our online and mobile app stores remain open and operational, with contactless delivery," Sephora said.
"Whenever you're ready we look forward to seeing you in person and to explore our love of beauty together."
Sephora has compiled a list of FAQs regarding its COVID-19 policies and changes, listed on its website here.