KMS is setting out to raise even more awareness amongst stylists and clients about the importance of incorporating sustainability into the professional hair category.
In an effort to further improve the environmental and social impact of its products and services, the brand has set out to implement new programs that will be executed starting in late 2020.
The brand’s new sustainability efforts include:
- Environmental / Sustainability Icons: Aiming to improve its environmental and social impact, KMS will start to integrate the new Kao Environmental / Sustainability icons into the collection, highlighting the transparency for sustainable, more conscious consumption consumers are searching for. Starting in 2021, the brand is committed to creating consistent and uniform labeling across all of its digital and physical touchpoints, website, social media channels and marketing materials to showcase measures such as responsible sourcing, mindful water usage, minimalistic and responsible packaging, as well as product and ingredient transparency.
- Ingredient Transparency: From the very beginning, KMS has been dedicated to utilising the finest ingredients to create superior and high performing hair care products. Now, the brand is taking it one step further by eliminating the information gap, allowing consumers to easily search an in-depth database of the key ingredients on the brand’s website.
- Packaging Recyclability: Certified* for its recyclability efforts, all OTC KMS Shampoos and Conditioners are packaged entirely out of PP (polypropylene), making them 100% recyclable.
* Certificate Recyclability of Packaging 100 % in DE, AT, FR, IT, NL, NO, UK.
- Aluminum Reduction: In an effort to reduce its eco footprint, KMS has partnered with the Ball Corporation to switch to a lightweight aluminum can, saving a total of 1.4 tons of aluminum every year. The innovative and patented ReAl Technology provided by Ball Corporation significantly reduces the weight of the can by 15% without affecting the packaging integrity, while also reducing the can’s carbon footprint by approximately 12%.